Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Actually Tatted Something

I feel like it's been ever so long since I have simply tatted something to relax, and not related to design work. Here is Karey's 1919 Square Medallion from the May issue of Tatting Times.  Several others featured it on their blogs months ago, but I just got around to it.  I enjoy pretty, old fashioned tatting motifs, don't you?


This is the sight that greeted me several days recently.  I seem to have a tomato-eating squirrel.  At least, it's not as bad as the deer that ate them all in one night last year.  It hasn't happened the last few days. I wonder if the squirrel went away, or got better at hiding the evidence.



Progress on the upcoming fantasy book continues.  I've had a few last minute glitches, like finding the cover stock I wanted to use was discontinued, but nothing I can't handle.  I have every hope of being able to bring a box full for my consignment table at Palmetto Tat Days.


12 comments:

  1. Lovely motif, nice to tat something different from time to time.
    I hope you get to eat a few tomatoes and the deer and squirrels don't have them all. I wonder if the one that got left on the wall was not very tasty.
    I am looking forward to seeing you new book but I won't be able to come to the tat days, I am not a member and there's a large pond in the way.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been getting some tomatoes for myself, unlike last year. I think this tomato was tasty for the little thief since it had bigger bits eaten out than the ones that came before.

      Yeah, that pond gets in the way sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Am I able to pre-order your new book? - lots of grandchildren's patterns to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post on the blog when I am ready for pre-orders, thanks.

      Delete
  3. I like those old fashion motifs too! they are fun, I have a little chick-monk that love cherry tomatoes sticking 2 in each mouth. and this Pegasus looks fantasist !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be wonderful. I will be looking for your and your book there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your squirrel is enjoying the fruits of your labours. ;) Can't wait for your book to come out, unfortunately I can't make your tat days as I live in Ontario. Please let me know how I can purchase your book when it's done. Thanks!

    Great motif btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice motif!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like old fashioned motifs, and that shade of pink seems like the perfect color for Karey's design.

    I'm really looking forward to your new book. I wish I could attend Tat Days as well, but it won't happen this year. I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My battle with the (otherwise 'cute') little red squirrels is only over the bird feeders. At least I didn't go to the trouble of 'growing' something! However, the seed can get expensive. I actually have to spread some on the ground, so they win anyway!

    I can't believe it's time for Tat Days already! The years are flying by so quickly! Can't manage to get there, though. I liked the webcam last year - made me feel as if I were there!

    The Pegasus is wonderful! You have so much talent! I'm also indebted to the 'classic tatting' designers. They were blazing new trails back then and left a wonderful legacy of attractive, timeless, tatted designs, which sparked the interest in tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing designs, Martha!

    ReplyDelete