Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lovely Shuttle

I love my Aeros, really I do. I hardly every use any other kind of shuttle, except now and then I need something that can hold more thread. Then I pull out my Tatsy, or one of my Russian beading shuttles, but I miss the built in hook so very much. Sally's husband came to my rescue and custom designed an oversized shuttle with a built in hook. (Yes, that's " 'im in the garage" who makes those popular Pop-a-Bobbin shuttles as well.) This shuttle is just wonderful. It's a beauty to look at (rosewood, one of my favorites!) and feels good in my hand.



Here you can compare the size with some other shuttles.

I put it to the test with hemp beading cord and size 5 thread (from Karey) and it performed beautifully.





11 comments:

  1. I saw the shuttle before Sally mailed it to you. It's certainly a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man! That is a fine piece of work! Enjoy your new shuttle!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The main problem I have with trying to use the Tatsy (my first shuttle, btw) is the width. It rubs against my hand as I pass it through so that my hand is soon quite sensitive. This one is narrower, which, I think, would solve that problem. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for showing pics of that gorgeous rosewood shuttle from the side. It is not the same design as my fave-o-rite rosewood, but it just might be a better design!

    You are one lucky lady, and your necklaces are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW! I am with Eliz! I cannot even HOLD my tatsy! I hope 'im in the garage makes more like that one! It's COOL!!! :D
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its great to see that you have put the shuttle to good use. I hope you have many happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful shuttle! I agree with Eliz about the narrowness of this shuttle. I myself would certainly use it more than the Tatsy because of the width.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the necklaces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope to have such big and beautiful shuttle. And to tat such fine works like You do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't use shuttle so I have no opinion on that subject but let me just say how adorable those necklaces are with a buttons! I'd love to use this idea in one of my patterns if you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe if you ask Sally nicely, her husband might make some more of these.

    ReplyDelete