Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I've Got A Swelled Head...And I Can't Read

I had an email recently from House of White Birches asking for my current address so they could send back some crochet models. I had practically forgotten that I had sold them two crochet patterns, back in 2008 (I think). That was nice to hear. In my experience selling patterns to various places, some times you get your models back and sometimes you don't. Sometimes it takes a long time.

Anyway, a few days later, I had a box at the post office, and it felt too heavy
for just some thread crochet. I was happy to find inside a copy of "Christmas in Crochet". It is so gratifying to see yourself in print. I guess I'm feeling pretty full of myself right now.




Maybe a little less full of myself when I noticed one of the models had lots of little tags attached, saying, extra stitch here, missing stitch here, etc. It looks like they proofed it against the written pattern real well.

One more thing... I guess I need to confess before I get caught out on this. I can't read. You may remember I was so mad at myself for missing the deadline for Piecework's crochet challenge. I sent them my picture anyway with a note saying that I was sorry to miss the deadline but wanted to let them know I really enjoyed figuring out the challenge pattern. After a bit, I got a quizzical email back, saying to the effect that, "but, dear, you didn't miss the deadline." So either I couldn't read the magazine or I couldn't read my calendar right. So I might get a mention in print there too, which would leave me feeling both happy and a bit foolish.

14 comments:

  1. You really, really deserve all the mentions you get. I always put your name forward whenever people ask me who my favourite tatting designers are. Which reminds me - we had a 'grandkids' invasion yesterday so I need to re-stock my tatting 'bits' for next time they come - back to the New Critters on the Block for more wee dinosaurs, cats etc.
    Can't wait for the crocodile to appear!!! OR the dolphin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have a swelled head, too! Congratulations! Both angels are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. House of White Birches has reorganized - I'm not sure they even use the same name but it's the same people, perhaps different employees. Sounds like they are finally following up! I interviewed for crochet proof-reader once but guess I'm too far away for it to be reasonable. Congrats on the acceptance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, agree with big sis, well deserved. I love your patterns, spent Easter tatting your button lamb over and over again! Heres wishing you luck with your Pieceworks Crochet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those angels and they look fantastic in print. You don't need to read when you're a superstar- you have your entourage do it for you! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Jane said you do deserve your mentions! You are one very talented gal! I really admire your talent! You are quite the tatting guru!
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be watching for your name in the magazine! Your angels are lovely!

    If it makes you feel any better, I am notorious for misreading (and mis-writing on my calendar) dates and times. It is a running joke among friends that I show up early for parties. Came a day early for a housewarming once -- and a whole week early for a dinner party! Talk about feeling foolish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Both angels are beautiful. I agree with the others, you are an awesome designer and deserve all the recognition offerd your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Martha on getting into print. I love those angels too. I like the 3D one and the flat one. Did you design both of them? How many patterns are in the book? YOu have so much talent.
    I am not sure but I haven't heard wether you are coming to Hector or not this year...if not...I will miss you Ms Redhair Spitfire.....LOL
    Still waiting for the patterns to arrive for proofing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, you really deserve your swelled head. they both look super.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Both angels are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wspaniałe .Piękne .Aniołek zniewalający .Brawo.pozdrawiam monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tatting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! That is great news!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete